Share this page
The Great Wine Capitals Global Network will participate as a guest of honor at the 10th Bordeaux Wine Festival from June 23 to June 26.
The Great Wine Capitals pavilion will feature tourist information about each member city and wine region as well as daily contests to measure visitors’ knowledge about wine and great wine capitals’ regions, with an attractive range of prizes for the winners. A big screen will highlight outstanding wineries, restaurants and wine tourism companies that have won a ‘Best Of Wine Tourism’ award in each region of the Network.In addition, Network personalities will explain the outstanding characteristics of their regions in interviews uploaded to the Network’s social media.
Several master wine tasting classes from the Great Wine Capitals will take place throughout the festival, at the beautiful Palais de la Bourse or at the recently inaugurated Cité du Vin:
- “Tasting varietals from Mendoza and more” presented by Natalia Ortega, Bodegas O. Fournier.
- “The great white wines from Rheinhessen” presenter by Veronika Wügner, a former Rheinhessen Wine Queen.
- “Napa Valley Rocks” presented by Clay Gregory, CEO of Visit Napa Valley.
- “Bordeaux Wines vs. the New World”, presented by Vignobles Bernard Magrez.
- “The Wines from the Great Wine Capitals” presented by Fanny Darrieussecq, Bordeaux Wine Campus.