Share this page
The Bordeaux Wine Festival will return in 2016, during 4 days, from the 23rd to the 26th of June. This event, which occurs every other year, gathers wine producers of the entire region, from different appellations such as Bordeaux, Cadillac, Saint-Emilion or Margaux.
The Festival will take place on the left bank of the Garonne, close to the beautiful Place de la Bourse, in three different thematic “villages”.
Visitors will meet wine producers and wine merchants of course, but also attend barrel making process show, get initiated at the wine school of Bordeaux,…
Thanks to a “Visitors pass”, tourists will be able to enjoy tasting workshops and taste wine in the different pavilions.
For passionate visitors, tours into some chateaux of Bordeaux are planned, with departures in buses from the city center.
For this 10th edition, the Great Wine Capitals Global Network is a guest of honor of the event, together with the cities of Quebec, Brussels and Hong Kong.
Come on our booth (Village 1) and meet the Great Wine Capitals and embark for a wine tourism international tour: we will take you from the Garonne river to California, South Africa, Portugal, Chile, Spain, Germany, Argentina…
- On the Great Wine Capitals booth, you'll find information about all our destinations of excellence
- 2 different game contests will be organized to win nights in the vineyards, wines, Bordeaux chateaux visits...
- International wine specialists will be interviewed every day about the Great Wine Capitals wine regions.
- Bordeaux Excellence, the Great Wine Capitals Travel Network representative in Bordeaux will be informing visitors about the GWC destinations
- Commented tasting sessions will take place at the Palais de la Bourse every day (except the one on Sunday morning), presented by wine specialists, according to the schedule thereafter.
- Free Best Of Wine Tourism brochure will be distributed on the booth!
- The party continues every evening, with concerts, fireworks, and the place de la Bourse will become a big sounds and light show for everyone.
- The Wines of the Great Wine Capitals will be served during the 2 concerts "Word Music and wines of the World" that will take place on Friday evening and Saturday evening.
Great Wine Capitals tasting pass schedule Wines
Tastings will be commented in French, except the ones for Napa and Mendoa: English and French / e-tickets available there: GWC Tasting Pass
Thursday, June 23
Friday, June 24
Saturday, June 25
Sunday, June 26 This session will take place at La Cité du Vin
Check the video announcing the event:
More information, click here