Share this page
Local wineries once again have the opportunity to showcase the excellence of their wine tourism offerings with the world, through The 2017 Best of Wine Tourism Awards. The Great Wine Capitals Best Of Wine Tourism Awards, is an International Competition designed to reward the wineries that have distinguished themselves in terms of the excellence of their facilities in various categories, and delivering quality experiences to the public.
WHO CAN ENTER?
The competition is open to any Cape Town / Cape Winelands winery that believes it excels in their offering in one or more of the seven categories.
2. Wine Tourism Restaurants
3. Architecture and Landscapes
4. Art and Culture
5. Innovative Wine Tourism Experiences
6. Wine Tourism Service (Cellar Door)
7. Sustainable Wine Tourism Practices
WHAT DOES IT COST?
R1000 entry fee PER CATEGORY
Payments to be done via Bank Transfer
Proof of Payment to accompany entry form
Applications will only be considered if accompanied by Proof Of Payment of Entry Fee
Applicants in the Accommodation and Restaurant Category is to reimburse the costs of the judges visit – refer to the Rules for details
HOW TO ENTER
- Visit the Great Wine Capitals Website Best Of Page. You will find the Application Form and Rules at the bottom of this page.
- Download the Application Form.
- Familiarise yourself with the Rules.
- Sign your Application and Rules Form and send together with Proof Of Payment to [email protected].
Closing date is 02 May 2016.
The overall winners will be announced at a gala event in Porto, Portugal on 10 November 2016, at which representatives from the international wine tourism industry will be present.
- The prestige of the “Best Of Wine Tourism” trophy to display at your winery
- The opportunity to compete for the overall South African winner award
- Benchmark your winery against international best practice and to generate wider awareness of the wine tourism offerings
- Presence on the GWC website and social media platforms : www.greatwinecapitals.com
- Presence in the “Best Of” advertisements and press promotion in the local and international media (TV, general and specialised press Wine / Gastronomy / Tourism e.g. Decanter)
- Promotion to local and international tour operators
- A presence in a brochure distributed at major local and international wine and tourism exhibitions
- An invitation to participate in educational events and wine tourism conferences in the cities involved
- Support in using these marketing tools to promote wine sales