Since 2003, the Great Wine Capitals’ Best Of Wine Tourism Awards has shone a light on the quality craftsmanship of wine tourism businesses across Adelaide (Australia), Bilbao & Rioja (Spain), Bordeaux (France), Cape Town | Cape Winelands (South Africa), Lausanne (Switzerland), Mainz & Rheinhessen (Germany), Mendoza (Argentina), Porto (Portugal), San Francisco | Napa Valley (USA), Valparaiso | Casablanca Valley (Chile) and Verona (Italy). This year’s contest attracted 531 entries.
From November 4th – 21st the public had the opportunity to show their support for the extraordinary wine tourism experiences provided by the sector by voting in the People’s Choice Award winners for 2023 across 7 categories – accommodation, restaurants, architecture & landscape, art & culture, sustainable wine tourism practices, innovative experiences, and wine tourism services. This year’s competition had 4,291 votes from across the globe.
- Accommodation – Santa Maria Briones Hotel | Bilbao-Rioja, Spain
- Architecture & Landscape – Pieropan | Verona, Italy
- Art & Culture – Mayor de Migueloa Bodega Hotel & Restaurant | Bilbao-Rioja, Spain
- Innovative Wine Tourism Experiences – Monte del Frá | Verona, Italy
- Sustainable Wine Tourism Practices – Château Fleur de Lisse | Bordeaux, France
- Wine Tourism Restaurants – Château Réaut | Bordeaux, France
- Wine Tourism Services – Oliver’s Taranga Vineyards | Adelaide, South Australia
Managing Director of the Great Wine Capitals Network, Catherine Leparmentier was thrilled about the results showcasing each winner’s engagement with their local communities to vote for their establishment. She states “beside the choices of the expert panel, this offers additional recognition to these establishments as tourism icons. They all deserve to be at the top of the must-visit list of any wine lover across the globe”
The Great Wine Capitals Network would like to congratulate all of the winners and thank all of the voters from around the world.
Download the press release GWC Media Release – 2023 People’s choice awards
For more information and media interviews contact:
Catherine Leparmentier / Managing Director of Great Wine Capitals / +33 556 79 51 64 / email@example.com
Learn more about the 2023 Global Best Of Wine Tourism winners.