Share this page
The 30th marathon du Medoc will take place on Saturday September 13th in Pauillac, France. The Medoc Marathon is one of the world's longest marathon races, but the track is certainly one of the most beautiful, meandering through the most celebrated vineyards around the famous wine estates of Pauillac, St. Julien-Beychevelle, Haut-Medoc and St. Estephe. This year the disguisement theme will be "Countries of the world and their Carnivals"
Created in 1984 by a group of passionate marathon fans, the marathon nicknamed the "Medoc" has become a must for many marathon runners over the years. The "Medoc" is a marathon you just must have run like New York, London or Paris. The race is deliberately limited to 8,500 participants and despite everything it has managed to preserve the spirit of the founders built on 4 fundamental pillars: Health - Sport - Conviviality - Fun.
The main goal of the "Medoc" is to attract runners of all types and have them discover the benefits and pleasures of long distance running. The Medoc does this by welcoming and rewarding the first and last under the same conditions.
Friday, September 12th 2014
- 10 am to 11 pm Distribution of participant’s number and Marathon Expo at the COSEC in Pauillac.
- 2.30 pm Medical and Sports Seminar at Tourism office, free and open to all runners.
- 6.30 pm Pasta-Party at the Chateau Issan. Bookings limited to 1450 people. Registration voucher is to be presented on entrance. Diner served at 8.00 pm
- 7 pm “Pâtes-à-Caisse” meal in the Saint Estèphe festival hall.
All day: Free visit to the Chateaux and wine tasting (book in advance).
Saturday, September 13th 2014
- 8 to 9.15 am Show of fancy-dressed runners
- 9 am Departure of the advertising caravan
- 9.15 am Pre-Race show and entertainment.
- 9.20 am Handi-race start
- 9.30 am Start of the Marathon
- 9.30 to 11.30 am River bank happenings, Basque Strength Games
- 11.45 am to 4 pm Arrival of the marathon runners
- 4.00 pm Awards Ceremony in Pauillac
- 8 am to 6 pm Restaurant-Reception VIP-Press
- 7 pm Stade pauillacais football dinner in the Pauillac festival hall.
- 9 pm Free ball on the riverside
- 10.30 pm Fireworks display
Sunday, September 14th 2014
- 10 am Relaxing walk in Cantenac through vineyards of Margaux for runners and their friends. Registration limited to 4000 people.
- 12.30 am Lunch under a marquee after the walk, with booking confirmation voucher only.
Rural lunch without booking confirmation for the other walkers.
Further information about the marathon there: http://www.marathondumedoc.com/index.html