GREAT WINE CAPITALS
GLOBAL NETWORK® WEBSITE
What are Cookies?
Cookies and other similar technologies such as local shared objects, flash cookies or pixels, are small files that some platforms, such as web pages, can install in the user’s computer (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.).
Their functions can be very varied: to store your browsing preferences, to collect statistical information, to allow certain technical functions… Sometimes, cookies are used to store basic information about the user’s or your computer’s browsing habits, to the point, depending on the case, of being able to recognize you.
Cookies are useful for several reasons. From a technical point of view, they allow the web pages to work more quickly and adapted to your preferences, such as storing your language or the currency of your country. They also help website managers to improve their services, thanks to the statistical information they collect through them. Finally, they serve to make the advertising we show you more efficient, thanks to which we can offer you our services for free.
For more information about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
What types of Cookies are there?
There are different types of cookies.
On a first level we can differentiate between them:
- Own cookies: These belong to and are managed by the owner of the website.
- Third-party cookies: They belong to and are managed by third parties, unrelated to the owner.
Cookies can be “session” cookies, which will be deleted once the user leaves the website that generated them, or “persistent” cookies, which remain on your computer for a programmed time that can reach years.
Cookies can also be classified according to the purpose for which they were created:
- Technical and functional cookies: s: these are strictly necessary for the use of the site and for the provision of the service.
- Analytical Cookies: We use analytical cookies to help us understand how users use our website. For example, we use them to count the number of different people visiting our site or using a particular feature, rather than the total number of times the site or feature is used. Without this cookie, if you visit the site once a week for three weeks, we would count you as three separate users. Without these cookies, it would be very difficult for us to analyze the performance of our site and improve it.
- Personalization cookies: allow the user to configure the design, language, preferences, etc. of their browser.
- Advertising and behavioral cookies: they are used to carry out an effective management of the advertising spaces that have been included in a web or application from which the service is provided. They are useful to adapt the advertising offered to the interests of users, as they collect information about their preferences. They are used in marketing techniques such as retargeting.
- Affiliate cookies: : they track visits from websites with which a site has established an affiliation agreement.
Cookies used on this website
_ga, _gat, _gid: Google Analytics Analytics Cookies for web analysis.
- _ga: Enables the unique visit control function. The first time a user enters the website through a browser this cookie will be installed. When this user enters the website again with the same browser, the cookie will consider it to be the same user. Only if the user changes the browser, it will be considered another user. It expires 2 years after the last update.
- _gat: sis used to limit the speed of request – the limitation of data collection on high traffic sites. Expires after 10 minutes.
- _ga: is used to distinguish users. It has a duration of 24 hours.
PREF, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, YSC: Youtube cookies used in the reproduction of videos through the web.
- PREF: stores configuration preferences, such as preferred language, number of search results displayed per page, or activation of Google’s SafeSearch filter It has a permanence of 10 years.
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE: keeps track of visited videos that are embedded in the web. It has a permanence of 240 days approximately.
- YSC:measures the video reproductions made by the user and records the “Like” or “Share video” events. It is a session cookie, expiring when the session with the browser ends.
NID: technical and functional cookie from Google Maps, which stores user preferences and information while viewing pages with Google maps.
PHPSESSID: technical cookie (Own) and strictly necessary that contains the identifier of the session. It is deleted when the browser is closed.
_lang: technical cookie (Own) and strictly necessary that contains the language of the session. It is deleted when the browser is closed.
ac_cookies: : technical cookie (Own) and strictly necessary that contains the value of whether it has accepted the installation of cookies. It expires in 1 year from the last update.
How to delete browser Cookies
1. You can restrict, block or delete cookies from our website (or any other), using your browser. In each browser the operation is different. The ‘Help’ function will show you how to do this.
2. Using third party tools, such as Ghostery or Your online choices.